REGIONAL COORDINATOR (REGIONS 2 & 9)
To assure a coordinated response to the STD/HIV pandemic and the reduction in the spread of HIV STDs, and a reduction in teen pregnancy on behalf of LSU Health Sciences Center and the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) Office of Public Health (OPH), this position will coordinate multiple program elements of a comprehensive statewide STD, HIV and teen pregnancy program in a specific geographic area of the State. This position will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of all HIV, STD, and teen pregnancy activities in one or more regions of the State, including STD/HIV and teen pregnancy prevention and services related planning, programming, and coordination/collaboration between public, private, and not-for-profits entities engaged in addressing STD, HIV and teen pregnancy related issues, including but not limited to participation in the development and implementation of programs, negotiating contracts with community agencies, monitoring projects with contracts between $60,000 and $400,000, providing technical assistance to grantees and others in the community, and overseeing and facilitating data collection for research and evaluation purposes. This position will ensure effective adherence to Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), OPH, and the Administration for Children and Families guidelines, procedures and protocols. This position will coordinate and monitor cooperative and collaborative efforts between the STD/HIV/Hepatitis Program (SHHP), contractors and local and statewide public health agencies including the OPH & STD Program, LSUHSC HIV ambulatory care sites, community based organizations, Office of Public Health clinics, Family Planning Program, Office of Behavioral Health clinics, and OPH Regional Offices.
• Bachelor’s degree in health education/health promotion, public health, social work, or closely related field.
• Three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
• Master’s degree in health education/health promotion, public health, social work, or closely related field.
Additional Position Information:
• Strong knowledge of STDs, HIV and teen pregnancy program planning and evaluation
• Ability to work in multi-tasked situations
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, ability to interpret and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Residency in either Region 2 or Region 9 is strongly recommended – See link for region information – position will cover from Pointe Coupee to St. Tammany and all surrounding Parishes
• Open Until Filled
• Send cover letter and resume to: https://lsuhsc.peopleadmin.com/postings/6853
LSUHSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.